I thought it might be nice to throw in a new post that was more like a journal entry just for fun...so, indulge me for a while! :)
Well, we've just about wrapped up one week and are about to start a new week (if you're like me, each new week begins on a Monday...my guess is b/c as a teacher, for me the school week started with Monday and the week ended on Sunday--something that Matt and I have differing opinions on but I'm sure it's not something anyone else thinks about...anyways...moving on..)
As a family, we went through our somewhat normal routine and although we were quite busy, I know this week will be even busier. One morning when we went to wake Braeden, Matt and I both noticed that he looks a little more grown up. These things just seem to change pretty much overnight. It's funny but I begin every week wondering what new thing Braeden will do. It's really such an exciting way to live! Braeden has also done really well keeping himself balanced while sitting independently. He still hasn't gone from a laying down position to sitting but this week he really started using his muscles to lift up when we would get ready to pick him up. We're still waiting for that day when we go in his room and find him sitting in his crib. :) That'll be cool. Many times in the morning I will be getting myself ready and will hear him "talking" to his mobile or the starfish on his crib bumper. He's doing really well with entertaining himself when we're not in the room.
We're also very proud of how well he's doing with eating solid foods. It's funny to watch him lean forward and reach for the bowl and spoon! He now eats 3 tablespoons of cereal 3 times a day (at 8, 12, and 4) along with his normal 4 bottles (at 8:30, 12:30, 4:30, and 8). After his 6-month doctor's appointment next Monday, we'll try some veggies!
We're continuing to give him plenty of tummy time even though he prefers his back. He's gotten good at "swimming" and turning on his tummy to reach for toys and even "scooching" a little when a toy is out of reach.
So, that's the scoop on what's been going on with Braeden. As for me, I have some exciting news! Matt and I had been praying that God would open up a door for us financially and He has blessed me with a part-time job at a local church's Mother's Day Out program. It'll be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-2:15 and Braeden will get to come with me for free! I can't wait to see how he interacts with the other little ones. I'm excited that I have the opportunity to help our family financially and still see Braeden through this first year and all of the changes he'll go through. Back when we made the decision for me to stay at home with Braeden, we knew that we were taking a step of faith financially but that God would provide for our needs and He's definitely been faithful. At a time when I needed it the most, God provided the encouragement I needed. Just had to take a minute to give some praise! :)
This week we are looking at another big event in our family! My brother, Ryan and his fiancé, Ashley are getting married this Saturday! So, we will be making a trip to Virginia to be apart of their big day and celebrate with them. It'll be great to see family at the wedding and we'll get the added bonus of seeing Matt's mom, dad, and sister, Jenna, as well! Needless to say, we are beyond excited to have this time with family from both sides. I'll make sure to add a post from the big weekend once we get back.
Well, I hope that you have a wonderful week and that you've enjoyed this long-winded post. Until next time...
Blessings,
Matt, Heidi, and Braeden
p.s. I couldn't leave without sharing some pictures...hehe!



2 comments:
Congrats on the job Heidi! I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see you Friday :-)
Ohh, congratulations on the Mother's Day Out job! It will be neat for Braeden, too, I bet. Have a good week!!
Lacey
Post a Comment