I had another one of those parenting moments where the memory, though very simple, will definitely stand out in my mind as Braeden grows up. This morning for some reason Braeden decided that 6 would be a great time to wake up rather than his usual 7:30/8:00 wake time. I woke up to find that my husband was gone and Braeden's monitor was turned down (a sure sign that the 2 men in my life are up and having fun without me!) I came down the steps and found my hubby and son sitting on the couch together watching cartoons on the Disney Channel. It was SO precious! (Aside from the fact that this was not a lazy Saturday but actually a weekday which meant that there would be no lying around all day but instead a work day would follow...) Why is it during these special moments that I never seem to have my camera handy? Braeden is not the biggest fan of just chilling on the couch with us and is much more of an active little boy, always has been! So it made this moment all the more precious for us. Eventually, we fed Braeden his breakfast and daddy went back to sleep for another hour or so.
This story was a great example of what an awesome daddy Matt is to Braeden. He is always going out of his way to give Braeden time, attention, and love. This comes in the form of changing messy diapers without any complaint, playing "ball" outside, getting his things together for meals, trips, and daycare, and that's just the beginning! He definitely goes the extra mile and never gives a complaint. I am so thankful for such a great example for our son. Among the many things that my family just raves about with Matt is how hard-working he is and how incredibly well he treats Braeden and I. I am spoiled to have such a giving husband who counts it more than just his "job" to take care of Braeden and I...he loves being a husband and father. This just shines through all that he is.
And just as an aside...as a good college friend used to say, "Let me tell you somethin'..." Before Braeden was born we had the opportunity to go to a marriage seminar and during that time we received some materials that talked about developing a Christian home and family. As we went through this pregnancy with Braeden we spent time going through these materials and really looking at what it means to be a godly husband and wife/father and mother. I feel so blessed to be able to share this journey with someone who believes as strongly as I do that this foundation that we've built our marriage on (our faith) is vital in bringing up our children and sustaining our marriage. (Okay, off of my soap box...)
I hope and pray that Braeden turns out to be just like his daddy. We love you and thank you for being exactly who you are! Happy 2nd Father's Day, Matty!

This picture just makes me smile so I had to add it! :)

This story was a great example of what an awesome daddy Matt is to Braeden. He is always going out of his way to give Braeden time, attention, and love. This comes in the form of changing messy diapers without any complaint, playing "ball" outside, getting his things together for meals, trips, and daycare, and that's just the beginning! He definitely goes the extra mile and never gives a complaint. I am so thankful for such a great example for our son. Among the many things that my family just raves about with Matt is how hard-working he is and how incredibly well he treats Braeden and I. I am spoiled to have such a giving husband who counts it more than just his "job" to take care of Braeden and I...he loves being a husband and father. This just shines through all that he is.
And just as an aside...as a good college friend used to say, "Let me tell you somethin'..." Before Braeden was born we had the opportunity to go to a marriage seminar and during that time we received some materials that talked about developing a Christian home and family. As we went through this pregnancy with Braeden we spent time going through these materials and really looking at what it means to be a godly husband and wife/father and mother. I feel so blessed to be able to share this journey with someone who believes as strongly as I do that this foundation that we've built our marriage on (our faith) is vital in bringing up our children and sustaining our marriage. (Okay, off of my soap box...)
I hope and pray that Braeden turns out to be just like his daddy. We love you and thank you for being exactly who you are! Happy 2nd Father's Day, Matty!

This picture just makes me smile so I had to add it! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment